Followers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

.....Long haired freaky people need not apply

Sung by a group called "Five Man Electrical Band" in 1971. Good song, that said a lot about the times. Although I would like to think differently, there's a lot of similarity in those times and today - political unrest, bigotry, senseless wars, hate, violence, a sense of hopelessness in many ways. It is a lot to digest for young adults who are trying to make a life for themselves. And, it can be overwhelming for those of us that hope we can make a difference. It's no wonder that this country has such serious addiction problems, and it's not just illegal substances. We have huge problems with alcohol and prescription drugs. People numbing their feelings, instead of being aware and acknowledging their circumstances. It is so much easier to give up and follow the masses, than to keep trying to make a difference, no matter how small, for the future of mankind. I sure hope our country can turn this anger and hate around. There's a lot that needs to be fixed!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I think that the long haired freaky people have more common sense and honesty than "yuppies".

Deborah said...

Teri, you are officially my first blogger (hubby does not count)! Thanks so much for finding me in the twilight zone. Now I have to admit, I checked you out, (to make sure you were a real person and that you were "blog-worthy"), and decided yep, you're a keeper! I will keep it all crossed for both of us to shed our sticks and bricks soon and begin our new life journeys.